Spending time with your family is the best! Even better, is spending time with your family without spending a lot of money! Here are 5 fun, family-friendly activities and experiences around the valley that won’t break the bank!
1. Enchanted Island at Encanto Park in Phoenix-With all-day ride passes at $21.75+tax and all-day splash pad passes at $5+tax, this is a great way to get maximum fun for minimum cost. Hours of operation Friday and Saturday 10am to 8pm and Sunday 12pm to 8pm. https://www.enchantedisland.com
2. Goldfield Ghost Town in Apache Junction-There is no admission into the ghost town and you can enjoy free gunfight shows every hour from noon to 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The only things you pay for are attractions, such as gold mine tours and railroad rides, and dining in the saloon. Attractions differ in cost, but most are around $10 for adults (13 +), $7 for kids (5-12), and free for those 4 and under. http://goldfieldghosttown.com
3. Phoenix Art Museum-Admission is “Pay what you wish” every Wednesday from 3pm-7pm and also on the first Friday of every month from 3pm-7pm. This is a great opportunity to explore art with your family without emptying your wallet! https://phxart.org
4. Mesa Contemporary Arts Museum- Admission is always free!!! In five stunning galleries, MCA Museum showcases curated and juried exhibitions of contemporary art by emerging and internationally recognized artists. Hours are Tues-Sat 10am-5pm and Sun 12pm-5pm. https://www.mesaartscenter.com/
5. Mansel Carter Oasis Park in Queen Creek-Free admission!! With an expansive playground and shipwreck-themed splash pad, this is definitely a great way to beat the heat with your kids!! https://www.queencreekaz.gov/departments/parks-recreation/parks-and-recreation-master-plan-update/mansel-carter-oasis-park